ClientNational Park Service
Scope Of WorkRemove and replace brick masonry.
Richard Derby and his son Elias Hasket Derby began construction of Derby Wharf in 1762. Over the years, they extended the wharf, reaching its current length extending 2.045 feet into Salem Harbor. This section of Derby Wharf was built by laying timbers on the mud flats at low tide, and then filling between the timber walls with dirt and stones. Since then, the Wharf has been encased with large granite clocks.
The goal of this project was to remove and replace brick masonry exploratory openings for material sample.