LocationThe Candle Building 11 Spring Street New York, NY
ClientCaroline Cummings and Bill Elias
Dates2007 - 2008
Scope Of WorkRemove graffiti from the brick façade; reconstruct significant portions of historic brick; reconstruct ornate stonework; perform extensive cutting and pointing
Built in 1888, formerly known as the “Candle Building” for its 60 uniformly draped and candled windows, this 19th century brick building became a notable canvas for local graffiti artists and muralists. Stone & Lime Historic Restoration Services was contracted to remove the graffiti from the brick facade, reconstruct significant portions of the historic brick, reconstruct ornate stonework and perform extensive cutting and pointing to this historic structure.