« Back to Project List

11 Spring Street, New York, NY

Client: Caroline Cummings and Bill Elias

Built in 1888, formerly known as the "Candle Building" for its 60 uniformly draped and candled windows, this 19th century brick building became a notable canvas for local graffiti artists and muralists. Stone & Lime was contracted to remove the graffiti from the brick facade, reconstruct significant portions of the historic brick, reconstruct ornate stonework and performed extensive cutting and pointing to this historic structure.

Dates of Performance: 2007-2008

Click here to download a PDF of this project write-up.